When it’s time to install a roof on a new construction home or replace your existing roof the first thing you’ll want to know is how much will it cost. If you think that a metal roof is a right choice for your Westfield home, there are a few things to know about the cost of your new roof.
Average Cost of a Metal Roof in Westfield
The average cost of a metal roof in Westfield is between $8.90 and $13.90 per square foot.
Factors That Affect the Cost of a Westfield Metal Roof
There are a lot of different factors that will affect the cost of your metal roof installation in Westfield. The biggest considerations when determining the cost of your new metal roof are:
- Type of Metal
- Size of Home
- Pitch of Roof
- Single or Multistory
- Complexity of Roof
- New Installation or Replacement
- Roof Accessibility
Metal Roof Cost by Material
The term “metal roof” encompasses many different roofing materials and roofing systems. Nextgen Roofing offers a vast array of metal roofing options that will impact the cost of your metal roof installation in Westfield. The following metal roofing materials are listed in order from least expensive to most expensive.
- Corrugated Metal Roofing
- Aluminum Roofing
- Steel Roofing
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing
- Copper Roofing
Metal Roof Cost by Home Size
No matter which material or roofing system you choose, the size of your home will be one of the biggest factors in determining the ultimate cost of your metal roof in Westfield.
- 1000 square foot home: $8,900 to $13,900
- 1500 square foot home: $13,350 to $20,850
- 2000 square foot home: $17,800 to $27,800
- 2500 square foot home: $22,250 to $34,750
- 3000 square foot home: $26,700 to $41,700
Cost of a Metal Roof on the Average Westfield Home
Reflective of the Northeastern propensity to stick to smaller and more traditional homes, the average home size in Westfield is around 1700 square feet. This means that the cost to put a metal roof on the average Westfield home would be between $15,130 and $23,630.
Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing in Westfield
As with any decision, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of installing a metal roof in Westfield. A new roof, whether brand new construction or a roof replacement, is a major investment for your home. While the cost of a metal roof is an important factor in your decision making process, it’s not the only factor, and you should carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages as they apply to your specific home and the local climate.
Metal Roofing Advantages
Residential metal roofing systems are full of advantages for Westfield residents who are looking to make this important investment. Some of the biggest advantages to a metal roof are:
- Metal roofs have a long lifespan: 40-50 years.
- They are lightweight.
- Metal roof installation is quick.
- They are fire resistant and prevent sparks and flames from reaching inside the home.
- The reflect heat making them more energy efficient.
- Metal roof systems are suitable for homes that have a roof with a low pitch.
- They’re very durable and hold up well to rain and snow.
- Metal is an eco-friendly roofing material.
Metal Roofing Disadvantages
While the advantages of a metal roof in Westfield are numerous, there are some disadvantages you should carefully consider as well.
- Depending on the base materials, they may sound louder than other roofs.
- Metal roofs are more expensive than common, asphalt shingle roofs.
- Softer metals like copper and aluminum are prone to denting.
- They can be bent or damaged by walking on them.
- Metal roofs are more complicated to repair.
- Metal expands and contracts with the temperature.
- Their fire resistance keeps fire in as well as it does out making fire fighting efforts difficult for interior blazes.
If you’re considering a metal roof for your Westfield home, call the reputable Westfield roofing company so we can help you weigh the pros and cons as well as give you a better idea of the cost of a metal roof for you specific home.